HOMEWORK* DUE WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1
1. STUDY VOCABULARY and apply:
ORIENTATION/DIRECTION, PROXIMITY, SCALE, NUMBER, ALTERATION, REPETITION, PROPORTION, AXIS, FOCAL POINT and CLOSURE
2 Create 3-5 thumbnails done in your sketchbook which include compositions incorporating all five objects (4 personal objects and the museum object) to help you choose the best structure.
It is fine if you changed your objects from when you showed me on Monday. Just let me know what they are when you show me your thumbnails during class.
3. Complete and bring in your sketches of the chosen museum sculpture in your sketchbook. Tighten up the drawing, so it serves as an accurate reference for your final drawing, on the Bristol board.
Do not begin the final drawing for homework. All of that step will be done in class.
4. Review the Student References examples and the handout for assignment clarification.
1. Materials listed on the assignment sheet from last class and any of the ones discussed in class.
(different sized sharpies, microns, ink pens, gray value pens, one piece of Bristol board, sketchbook, pencils, one sheet of newsprint, tracing paper, etc.) they definitely will be used to begin the assignment in the classroom.
2. Assignment sheet. (linked in the post for last class).
3. The four personal objects from home/dorm. You will have to work from them in front of you, not from memory. (Be sure to bring them in next class instead of the photo of the objects) We need to see them together to check for accuracy in your drawing.
If you enlarge your sculpture drawing during class and want it to look just like your sketchbook drawing I suggest you use the two-page grid technique on tracing paper (how to link) and transfer to your larger paper.
No need to bring your computer, next class.
Any questions for clarity, don’t hesitate to ask.