IN CLASS Wednesday: Learn more aspects of Illustrator to complete the Pattern Man Project. **Please be sure to bring all materials listed on the bottom of this post which includes your computer.
HOMEWORK due Wednesday
1. Scan drawings you made of swatches from your sketchbook of the seven cultural patterns. Please be sure they are from seven different cultures. Some of you have already completed the seven drawings, some of you need to create your drawings from the swatches you printed out. These drawings/sketches should be small portions of the original patterns you found. They also should be your interpretations.
2.Start most of your figure drawing in pen, try to complete it. If you do, scan it into your computer as a jpeg, 300dpi or as a well lite photograph. Transfer it over to white bristol paper if you drew the original version on Newsprint.
You can work with me online via email if you need me to help you with corrections between classes on your figure drawing.
If you prefer to complete the inking in Illustrator, you can do that as well.
You can finalize the figure in pen during the first 1/2 hour of class. Please have it scanned or photographed with proper lighting no matter what stage it is in.
5. Look at examples of patterns and of patterns applied to figure drawing on the Student References page.
1. sketchbook with assigned drawings.
2. The figure drawing from Monday in its finished state.
2. Study the examples and instructions on assignment sheet to be prepared for class.
3. Your computer.